First thing's first-Number 13? What happened to Number 12?
Well, seeing as how number 13 is considered unlucky by some, I didn't want to have number 13 be the giveaway ornament! Ha!
Number 12 will be the ornament given away, but more on that later...
Number 13-Normally I hate to repeat a pattern twice in a holiday season, but since I didn't get a photo of number 7, and I really liked it, I made number 13 in the same pattern.
This ornament started as a silver Walmart ball, which I covered in a netting of 1.5mm cubelings with teal Delicas.
I then started at the top of the netting and added blue acrylic flowers in three sizes, green acrylic leaves, 3mm teal Swarovski 3mm crystals, and a few Delicas.
I added these accents in a swath around the ornament, following the netting lines.
My inspriration was a plant called Mile-a-Minute, which I think is a wild variety of morning glory. It grows on a vine, and really does seem to grow a mile per minute. It is a weed on our wetlands, because it creeps up any stationary object with little thorny stickers and chokes out anything living in its path to the sun. As morbid as it is, I think its a very pretty plant, and when you see a huge patch of it creeping over a hill in the sun...ahh pretty :)
Now, for the giveaway.
The prize-a covered ornament, made by me, shipped to you :)
You can enter by:
Commenting on this blog with the answers to the following questions
1. What is your name (email address)
2. What is your favorite color
3. What is the average wing speed velocity of an unladen swallow? **
4. Which is your favorite ornament that has been posted on this blog thus far? I ask this so I know where to begin. *Note if number 13 is your favorite, it cannot not be replicated at this time-I haven't got enough flowers in NJ to do another one :( I have more in PA, but I wont be there until next weekend...
1. Following my blog-and leave a comment stating you are
2. Post about my giveaway on your social media of choice-leave a comment linking
3. The name of the movie in number 3 above and the proper response. Post this n a separate comment please :)
There will be a super quick entry process in order to get the ornament to you by Christmas, so the winner will be chosen Monday night. Perhaps I should have done this sooner :) The winner will be announced here on the blog, and an email will be sent to the email address provided above. Good luck!
Beading the day away II
11 hours ago