Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cubed

I bought a book about cube beads.



I've aquired a collection of the little squared boogers, and it was only a matter of time before they got stuck to an ornament.

You all know me well enough by now that if I see something I like, it will most likely end up on an ornament right?

This pattern is really cool. It also works up surprisingly easily and in no time you have a great strap of squiggly beaded stuff.  I had to adapt as I could find no 2mm cube beads anywhere, but triangles and/or hexes work perfectly.

 
I used black beads for one of the sides of the squiggle, and AB black beads for the other side.

 

The pictures do not show the ab/plain contrast AT ALL, but it's there! and it looks pretty sweet. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous! Haven't done anything with cubes, but you are forcing me to give them a second look since your piece came out wonderful

    ReplyDelete