Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wisdom of 100 Posts

This is my 100th blog post.  Can you believe it? In all honesty, this should have happened a long time ago, but due to my obstinance and blogger's butt-holiness, it hasn't. 

I've met some really great people through my blog, you know those internet friends that just make you smile?

::Huge grin::

OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Oops...

Segway to the wisdom of this post.

A few weeks ago, some popcorn and I had a nasty run-in.  I hearts popcorn lots. but, as luck would have it, I got a hull wedged somewhere unpleasant.

Behind my 2nd molar.  Ick.  I didn't realise it was back there until a few days or a week later when I spit it out with my toothpaste.  The next morning my gum woke me up.  It was having a party. All its little bacterial friends came to visit.

My gum doesnt really have much space. See diaagram of the goings on below:




the white blobby things are my teeth, the crooked white blobby thing is my wisdom tooth. the pink stuff is my gum, the yellow is a nerve, and the white graffiti is my bone, i think. the pink gum does go up over top of my existing tooth. it always has, and stuff, namely popcorn, gets stuck between the gum and my tooth and follows the blue stuff down. the blue stuff is the place where future infections from food being caught may occur. yay...

I got some antibiotics and a referral to an oral surgeon.

Fast forward to this past Thursday:The forcible eviction of my wisdom teeth.

I tried to convince the surgeon to not take all 4, but he told me my mouth was a ticking time bomb.

Ok...This is a top molar, saved from the wreckage. The top two came out whole, the bottom two, well one is nearly intact, the other, I have 2 random pieces of shrapnel...


I was good and doped up Thursday and Friday, then Saturday and Sunday I felt better. Monday OHMYGODSANDOVERLORDS I WANTED TO AMPUTATE MY HEAD. 

Dry socket at the removal site of the above tooth. Ick...

They packed it with some clove oil gel stuff yesterday and it's all good this morning, so I suppose I'll live...I am still on squishy, non-chewy food, and can't smile or open my mouth wide...

Also, I'm working on a necklace using one of my teeth.  The surgeon's assistant thought I was nuts when I asked to keep them.  She was like, what do people do with their teeth?  I thought about telling her the truth, that I wanted to finally prove or disprove the existance of the tooth fairy. I told her that I was going to make jewelry with them.  I grew them damnit, I'm keeping them. And it may end up being the most expensive jewelry I own.  More on that in the next post, though.

That behind my tooth?  You want to know about that?

Ok.

My father-in-law shot an elk this year.  It has some antlers.

He likes my beaded whatnot, so for Christmas, I decided to bead him an antler mount for his elk antlers.



I beaded it in size 11/0s on Ultrasuede, then E6000'd it to a storebought mounting kit
I've been working on it pretty steadily since Thanksgiving.  It was a LOT of work, and my glue-job isnt the best, but you won't see that part anyway.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I really think he'll love it. 

We sent it off for tomorrow delivery, so I'll let you know how he likes it.

Well, until next time, bead well my friends, and keep your teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment