Sunday, March 28, 2010

The latest

I've been pretty busy lately, being home from our latest road adventure has left me unlimited time to sit and create!


With no more ado, I give you stuff!
First up, a bracelet. This came from a project in the latest Bead and Button. I substituted freshwater pearls for the crystals, and changed up the clasp.

I am super proud of the clasp.








This was the first project in a long time that I sat and worked on start to finish.














This next one, I am calling the tube sock twist...


It started out prettily enough, with japanese seed beads in sizes 11 and 8, and black bugles. (The beads aren't really blurry, they're quite nice in real life.) They were worked up in a russian spiral, alternating 8s and bugles as the "big bead"




I initially intended to add a drop to the center, but the necklace decided otherwise. I hate when they start givig advice. I may add a few purple Swarovskis to the clear netting just for a focal.

Then it got...interesting. Trying to figure out how to end it all, I started some herringbone stitching then some peyote stitching in a few different sizes. I ended up with a beaded tube sock cuff and a magnetic clasp.














Last one for today is my newest obsession.
Laura McCabe's "Crown Jewels". I purchased the pattern from Bead Pattern Central and set to work on making one of my own. Well, I had to go to the bead store first, I had to pick up Rivolis.

The pattern is pretty easy, set the Rivolis in peyote then connect. The bear is in the connecting. I am actually working on making another, using 15mm Paua Shell cabs, except, during the final embellishment, a flinging flanging cab popped out of its setting. I almost got it back in, and its neighbor popped out. My beads are now grounded to the craft room until they can learn to behave themselves







1 comment:

  1. These are all beautiful! Love the change to pearls for the twisted bracelet. You are off to a good start on your blog! Happy beading...

    ReplyDelete