Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hot weather deserves a sundae...

I bought this Geode slice from a bead store, or from Fire Mountain, or a rock shop, or, well, somewhere. I don't honestly remember... I do remember looking at it and thinking that really looks like the end of a hot fudge sundae, with the deep chocolate and caramel colored swirled with cream...


I think I made this somewhere areound 8-9 years ago, which was when I really got into seed beads. I used my entire stitch repertoire when I made this, Peyote stitch, herringbone, and netting!

I slightly hate the colors now. I thought I was subtley picking up colors from the geode, but it soon became a little ridiculous. Seriously AB orange? What was I thinking? I guess when your colors are limited to the basics, you go with what you have...Matte opaque cream, opaque white, black, AB orange, SL Brown, SL clear and transparent brown. :-P



I have a few more slices of this same geode, which I think might get beaded sooner than later...with a nice blue...or a deep plum...hmmm. I don't like the way I covered up so much of the slice with the bead netting. I think that a slim-fitting Peyote band around the outermost edge would look much better. It would probably require a touch of E-6000 to hold it in place, as much as I hate using glue to hold natural stones...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, I think the colors make the geode in its netting stand out even more....strangely enough!

    ReplyDelete