Thursday, April 22, 2010

Trash to Treasure

Today's From the Vault was picked because today is Earth Day.

This necklace stemmed from the focal. The focal is a recycled Noxema jar. How cool is that? I found it in a bead store in Helena, Montana. It's got this primitive/sea glass look to it. I didn't want to detract from the bead, so I did a very simple wire-wrap, and added a few dangles.



The necklace is two-drop peyote using off-white matte Japanese seed beads. I beaded four tubes, added some bead caps, and connected the components with wire, and a few sections of gold and blue beads.


This beader has had very little time this week to do much other than work, and try to unwind. I hope things calm down before too much longer. It's not easy to get a big construction project underway...

No comments:

Post a Comment