Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thusdays-From the vault

Hmmm...I think I need to work up a blog schedule, you know, like so many other people have worked up?


So, I am going to invent some new categories.


Starting with-DUM dut duDUM Thursdays- from the vault


From the vault will showcase things that I have previously created


Today's From the Vault is a necklace that I created 2-3 years ago.

Its focal is a piece of beach washed asphalt that I found on the shore of Lake Erie. I captured the stone using a simple netting stitch, and added two beaded beads, some metal beads(don't ask what kind of metal, I haven't the foggiest idea. The two-part necklace is done in herringbone stitch, with color that compliment the stone.
Materials:Beach washed asphalt, japanese 11/0 seed beads in black, silver, matte grey, and matte black, silver(colored) metal beads, wooden cores for the beaded beads. Silver bead spacers, clasp. All stitching done with Nymo, finished necklace strung on Dandyline.

2 comments:

  1. I never would have guessed that to previously be part of a road or parking lot! What stitch did you use for the rope- the entire piece looks wonderfully organic, like it could have grown...even the balls which look like alien seed pods to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete