Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekends...

So, my weekend was more hectic that necessary...meaning, not as much beading as I would have liked to happen happened. I had fully intended to finish the project I'm working on and move on to something new and exciting. Yep, that was the plan...

Consequentially, I have new nothing to show you on a Monday :(

I will have something (hopefully) sophisticated later this week and possibly something ugly...we all have those projects, there is no sense in denying them...

All I can say is one project uses these beads. Those satin pale pink Delicas at the bottom right are the bane of my existance. I have never had the displeasure of working with beads that enjoyed breaking my thread as much as these did. They were almost worse than bugles. At least when working with bugles, you expect your thread to break a few times, and do things to prevent the occurence. Also, the crystal vitrail rivolis are much less purple/clear in real life, and a whole bunch more pink...ewwww...

Also, I want to review some new beads




These are Thunder Polish Crystals. These are a fairly new line of Chinese crystals They dont have quite the sparkle of a Swarovski, but they are cheap, and they come in friggin adorable tiny bottles. (Not the only reason I bought them...not...at...all...) My local bead shop stocks them in 4mm bicones. The color selection is nice, I would say approximately 25-30 colors, with AB and non-AB finishes. The cut is definitely less angular(? Rounder? Not as pointy?) as a Swarovski, so they really don't have that extra POW. However, I like them, thus far(meaning I haven't sworn at them yet). They make doing those projects that require seven billion crystals affordable, and still nice looking. Did I also mention that the bottles are super cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment