Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blue Skies, Smiling at me

Nothing but blue skies, is all I see...

I found the focal for this piece in the Sweet Creek near Metaline Falls, WA. It was just shiney and it sparkled and, to be honest, I though it was a gold nugget. Our resident gold panning expert said it might have some gold flake, but is definitely not solid.


This is the falls where I found this pebble. Isn't it gorgeous? This is the Lower Falls


and the upper falls...

This is actually pretty close to the spot where I actually picked up the pebble. It is right at the top of the top falls


I wrapped the stone in some sky blue matte Delicas (from Beyond Beads North in Spokane, I'm only in there twice a year, but they always remember me!)

The strap is the same matte light blue Delicas, along with gold lined clear Delicas in flat peyote stitch. I linked the sections with gold craft wire, a few giant seed beads (that came with a bead loom). Mailled a few mobius balls, added a handmade clasp and called it lovely.



Where is the most beautiful/unusual place you've found a focal?

1 comment:

  1. Did the person who said it wasn't gold offer to take it off your hands ??LOL!
    You did it justice!

    ReplyDelete