Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's not easy being green...

I bought the jet rivolis with the plan to bead them alongside kelly green seed beads. Mission accomplished! This was also my rationale for not buying green rivolis :)



This sweet little necklace consists of three jet rivolis, bezeled in kelly green and spring green Delicas, size 15 Japanese seed beads, and accented by black 3mm Swarovski crystals.




The necklace is done n herringbone stitch with the same beads as bezels. I've heard this called seed stitch. Perhaps with a greater difference in bead sizes, it would be more apparent. Mental note, try this with different sizes.



I added a few green glass rounds, and a beaded toggle clasp. Methinks I need to make the toggle bar a bit bigger, but other than that, I'm quite pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment